We got a big party weekend just around the corner! If you’re planning a get together or full event these stylish DIY tricks and tips that will add a chic and swanky element to your shindig. I call them tricks because it will look like you spent way more than you actually did! I had the honor of co-hosting The Show & Tell Show with producer and host, Caroline Elliott. Here are some clips from the show with celebrity party planner (Britney Spears, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, Sofia Vergara, Pierce Brosnan, Snoop Dogg) Marley Majcher. Marley aka The Party Goddess knocks her outdoor decor creations out of the park!
1. Ice it up!: You can make it creative, find out how much to buy per person and get in the know on emergency chilling tips.
2. Table Décor: Plexiglass is your tables partner. Marley did this with Katherine Heigl. It is an easy, inexpensive way to decorate in a table. Watch and learn brothers and sisters.
3. Frames aren’t just for photos: Yep, frames are your friends. Watch how Marley turns plain old frames into fab trays. PS. My favorite tip!
4. Party Style Tip: Cluster items together. Yes, you will look cute but what about your decorations? Check it out!
5. Light It Up with Lanterns: Want DIY lighting for a little pizzazz? Marley’s use of tassels and lanterns blew me away. She is so talented!
BONUS TIP: Wow Them with Window Panes:
Let us know how your party went! Did you do any of these tips? Did you “trick” your guests into thinking you hired a celebrity party planner? Tag us and follow on Instagram for more stylish tips and tricks: @rayneparvis @thepartygoddess.
Summer can evoke fear if you’re not comfortable in your own skin. Negative thoughts like “I’m too big for the beach” or “nothing looks good on me” may creep into our heads. Please, for the love of style, stop repeating anything negative about yourself. Everyone has positives…so let’s enhance them!
Whether you’re a size 2 or a 24, wear a cup A or E, need a tankini, cover-up or just want to bump up your beach experience, I’ve got you ALL KINDS OF COVERED!
1.Floral Prints in swimwear separates: Are you over a size C in a bra or prefer more coverage on your bottom half/tummy area? Bra-sized and high-waisted swimsuits will change your life…and enhance your gorgeous curves! My friends at Sunsets Inc. have amazing swim separates for all body shapes.
2.Geometric Patterns: Going to a bbq or pool party and don’t want to walk around in only a bathing suit? Cover-ups, kimonos and maxi-dresses can be your go-to summer style in geo prints and patterns. Check out Lavish for fashion inspiration.
3.Eye Catching Beach Accessories: Yes, over-sized cat eye glasses are in, but let’s go bigger. You can create you’re own staycation getaway in your backyard or take a day trip to the beach with fashionable Beachbreallas, towels, pillows and sheets. And the best part, the Beachbrellas will also protect you from harmful UV rays. Yay!
May these inspire you to get out there and strut your beautiful stuff at any SHAPE, AGE, or CUP SIZE!
Mother’s Day madness is officially here! And yes, our moms want to celebrate. However, before you purchase that bouquet of carnations or generic Mother’s Day heart pendant, consider the essence of who your momma is.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Buy:
Does she need anything? For example, my mom had a vintage flea market show for her Etsy Shop. She needed nice table cloths to make her spot look more like a cohesive store front. Table cloths, all though not enough as is, are on my list.
What does she love? Our mom loves figs! We gave my mom this fig tree for Mother’s Day a few years ago. Look at it today. She planted it when it was only 2 feet now its flourishing and giving figs in abundance. Gifts that keep on giving are awesome!
3. What does she REALLY enjoy? Does she being outdoors, trying new food or a family day at wine tasting tickle her fancy? This year we’re going to Descanso Gardens …which she requested;). Google places near you that she would be interested in.
One year we went on a nature hike where we gathered berries and other wheats along the way and made a salad at the end. Yep, you guessed it we all were still hungry. #lunchnext. HAHAHA! Definitely not my cup of tea…but what mom wants she gets on Mother’s Day!
Happy Mother’s Day from a few of my favorite moms to you!