When shopping for jeans, look for jeans that stretch, are mid-rise, and/or having slimming technology.The lady in the picture would look so much slimmer in a pair of jeans with a higher rise. The problem is when women with a tummy shop for low-rise pants. Just because they are trendy, it doesn’t mean they are for EVERY BODY.
3 brands to slim your mid-section:
Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (NYDJ): these jeans are made for you! They are super stretchy and comfortable.
Joe’s Jeans: try Icon Bootcut Jeans, Dark Wash.
Citizens of Humanity: this brand has lots of mid-rise options and the jeans last forever!
After a day of shopping for my client my feet were so sore. I counted at least 6 blisters! I felt like such a ding-dong for wearing new shoes when I knew I would be walking a lot and at times…running to and from the racks. If you are a personal shopper like me, you know what I mean.
My Vince Camuto peep-toe booties were slightly too big, my feet were sweating ..hence causing them to slip and slide with every movement. Whether it’s shopping, every day walking, or a night out on the town we get blisters. Here are some ways to prevent them in FASHIONABLE HEELS:
Wear insoles or heel cushions. When shopping for heels I always make sure there is enough room for me to insert extra padding, even if it means going up half a size bigger.
Make sure your stilettos/shoes fit securely. If they are slightly too big your foot will rub against the sides causing friction…causing blisters. (This was my problem!)
Place a “blister” band aid in the place you are blister prone. These are small, round, and barely noticeable.
Rub baby powder into your foot. This will keep your feetsies dry(moisture is a HUGE cause in the formation of blisters).
Wear protective tights, “Ultra Low Slip-on Socks”, “Peep Toe Socks”, or what ever shape of heel you are wearing when ever possible. There are so many different options.
Note: One foot is always bigger than the other. To prevent that foot from sliding, you may wear the insoles in both feet, but then a heel insert in the smaller foot side too. I know this may sound crazy, but it works.
I hope these tips help keep your feet remain unscathed and fancy!
5 shopping tips for wardrobe for Black Friday sales:
1. Double check all items for perfection. Look for missing buttons or belts and if you really love it, ask the cashier to give you an additional percentage off. Once you get it home, you can reinvent it with your own style!
2. Shop out of season for items that will not go out of style, like your CORE wardrobe pieces(jeans, slacks, blazer/cropped leather jacket, button-up shirt, pencil skirt(for women;)).
3. Check for the quality of sewing. Is the threading about to unravel?
4. The size you buy can fluctuate within at least 4 sizes. For example, if you usually wear a size 8, you may find that you can also wear a 6 or 10 depending on the brand. If it looks great and you can breathe in it, go with it.
5. Make a list and stick to it. Without a list you will get distracted and purchase things you don’t need.
PS. Most likely the racks will be a complete disaster and you may find yourself overwhelmed, but don’t give up. The short term hard work will contribute to a long term payoff: the perfect wardrobe at a better price!
Once you learn what to look for and what looks great on you, it will become much easier. When shopping for my clients, I can walk into any store, glance over the racks, pull items, and have at least 15 items in the dressing room in less than 10 minutes. Stores such as Loehmann’s, Nordstrom Rack, T.J. Maxx, and Marshalls are my favorite discount stores. However, on Black Friday Weekend EVERYWHERE has great sales. I’m going to Bloomingsdales first!